Monday, September 08, 2014

Review: Angelfall by Susan Ee

11500217



I'm not really a big "angels in books" fan, but damn! That Raffe really was something!
The minute I started reading, I felt myself connecting to Penryn and her sister. I also instantly disliked her mom, despite her condition not being her fault and all that. Anyway, it's sort of bittersweet, much like what Penryn feels for her.
Now, let's talk about that name. THAT WAS A PAIN IN MY TONGUE. Penryn. If I didn't already know for sure her mom was batshit crazy... I have no idea how to pronounce that. I kept trying to read it in my inside voice, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right...
Anyway... LOVE that Raffe, an ANGEL, was agnostic! I was afraid that a book with angels would be too religious and preachy and stuff, but nope. That was refreshing. ;) It also didn't hurt that he was hot. And had a mysterious sword.

Looking foward to the next book! UPDATE: The second book was even BETTER!!!! I need the third one NOW!!

1 comment:

  1. A fascinating read that takes the angel concept and gives it an appropriately dark twist. The characters are multi-dimensional and sympathetic while the plot moves along rapidly through gripping scenes. Highly recommended!!

    nokia lumia 521 review

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)