Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mini-Review: Crossed (Matched #2) by Ally Condie

Crossed (Matched, #2)
Crossed (Matched #2)
by Ally Condie


Published March 12th 2013 by Speak


In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake. Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

Dutton Children's
Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
_____________________________


It's funny that even though I don't LOVE the writing in this series that much, I still can't NOT read it. That is one cool plot. And there is finally some action here. And some development of the characters.

Let's get this show on the road:

Don't you love these covers? It's so cool that they sort of tell a story on their own, daring you to pick the book up and go find out more about it. Aaaanyway. It took me a while to read Crossed, but it was so very worth my time! It had ALL the things I always expect to see in my dystopian books! People running from crazy government employees, having to find food, water and shelter, suffering, dying (I'm a bit twisted in the head, in case you didn't already notice), only to prepare themselves to take revenge and save society from an insane, controlling world! Or maybe blowing everything to pieces and go away in order to start over somewhere else. Heh. *-* Su-weet!! Right? And that is me being slightly sadistic, though honest in my book-needs.

My point is that Crossed was quite capable of delivering most of my wants (and I so need a copy of Reached!). Cassia was stronger and more determined than ever. Ky let us take a longer look into his heart, and became more lovable and complex and vulnerable because of it. It was an amazing thing to see (read?). And Ally kept things very fresh for us, changing POVs, making the characters GROW as we watched them. Lovely!

A lot happens in a very short period of time in this book, and so much changes! It felt more like a longer novella than an actual book in the series, but it was still enjoyable to see more into the trading world of Archivists, the Rebels and Xavier's secrets. 

Now, where's my copy of Reached?


2 comments:

  1. I liked this one too, but not as much as the first, and yes, in love with the covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I felt the exact same way when i read this. I like the first one a lot, and then this one was ok... The third one is good too!

    Great review
    Also, feel free to stop by my blog to enter my $100 Blogoversary Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)