Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #42



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, just do as following:
 Grab your current read
       • Open to a random page
       Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
       Be careful not to include any spoilers so as not to ruin the book for others.

Make sure to share the title and the author so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR piles.

Lie By MoonlightIt was plain that the teacher did not hold thieves in the highest regard.

Pity.

He was such a skilled one.

Lie by Moonlight by Amanda Quick, paperback, page 49.
_______________________________

Amanda Quick is such a hit-or-miss to me. I either 'love it from the first page' or simply 'don't bother to read another line'. Great thing this one is turning out to be very entertaining. :) I liked Deception, Ravished and The River Knows, as well, but With This Ring and I Thee Wed were some of those 'meh' cases. And just as I'm starting to get bored by her 'boring hero ignored by family, that turns out to be brave/passionate for too-smart-for-her-own-good heroine that finds herself mixed in with a crime/mystery to solve' formula, she surprises me with some great quotes and amusing/refreshing secondary characters. :)


What is your teaser this week?

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Amanda Quick, but have read books by her "alter," Jayne Ann Krentz.

    Thanks for sharing this intriguing teaser...and here's MY TUESDAY MEMES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Amanda Quick before, but I really like your teaser! I need more books with thieves...
    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy her books, not sure if I read this one or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love that teaser! Looks like another book I need to add to my wish list :-) Here's my TT post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That. Is. An awesome teaser.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read what you have to say. :)